We are Hiring
We are looking for world-class problem solvers and creative thinkers, engineers, and new business builders. You can put your talents to use where opportunities are limitless and every day makes a difference.
We are a 21st-century company and would offer world-class benefits including maternity/paternity leaves, flexibility to work from home, best in class learning and development, mental wellness program, pension, and insurance program suited to your needs, and much more.
Whether you’re an experienced professional or a recent graduate, working with Terrasustain could be a challenging and rewarding next step in your career.
- We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending the company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, Python, etc Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Bachelor's in Computer Science/ Information technology from a reputed institute. Masters is preferred but not required.
- Have experience of working in climate change and environment industry
- Understand the client brief and generate insightful reports through research and analysis
- Analyze industry trends and market developments and present meaningful insights
- Create in-depth, relevant research reports on potential targets
- Develop deep-rooted knowledge of and expertise in climate change and environment
- Assist in research in other verticals as needed
- Mentoring new analysts with research requests, established process to bring them to scale.
- A graduate or an MBA (preferred) with 1-2 years’ experience in a research role, preferably in a financial, market research or management consulting firm (mandatory)
- Hands-on experience in the chosen research vertical (climate change, environment, technology or industry-specific)
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset, with enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Should be able to work under general supervision, with limited review of work needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills and presentation capabilities
- Excellent presentation skills – PowerPoint and Google Slides (gSuite) experience
- Experience creating pitch decks for services across multiple industry verticals is highly desirable
- Knowledge of climate change/ environmental services is highly desired
- The Field Engineer has completed at least one year working in the environmental services industry. He/she will be familiar with a variety of environmental disciplines such as water, wastewater, waste, Management, and Operations. The Field Engineer will be given responsibilities and decision-making authority.
What You'll Do:
- Develop outreach programs for showing benefits to the local community.
- Responsible for safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Terrasustain Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation;
- Supervise, on a day-to-day basis, on-site field labor force;
- Inspection of contractor or subcontract operations to ensure compliance with; Contract and determine non-compliance where applicable;
- Create and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
- Conduct quality inspections and determine Quality Control deficiencies;
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts;
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material;
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all assigned activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates, including the exercise of decision-making to reschedule and/or re-coordinate work to ensure compliance with applicable project schedules;
- Prepare and submit Daily Reports including work in-place quantities;
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
We're Looking For:
- Computer proficient with the ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
- Capable of understanding design documents including drawings, standards, and specifications;
- Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Good math/accounting skills;
- Good leadership skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of the same;
- One year of environmental/ civil experience in the industry preferred.